Home Forums Heavens Best Forum Advertising Ideas "5-Arounds" Feedback

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I am looking for feedback from those who have routinely distributed some sort of flyer/package/promotional item/etc. to the 5 homes around a customer as you depart from a job. I have seen this idea called “5-Arounds.” I believe I saw someone post about it quite a while back on the old bulletin board.

Specifically:
    – Did/does it work well for you?
    – What exactly did/do you distribute to those 5 neighbors?
    – Is it a one-time effort or do you jot down the addresses and follow up one or more times with a mailing?

Please chime in with your experiences.

Thanks in advance!

Mike

CJones
    Participant

I have used this in especially “upscale” areas which have materialized into jobs – often though not until a month or two later! The last time I did this, I gave free Spotter Bottles with a business card to several neighbors as I introduced myself. I made sure I mentioned the neighbor’s name whom I was cleaning for that day & told them I would be happy to give them a free estimate. I often also find the names/addresses on the local appraisal district’s webpage and send a letter (Hey, maybe you noticed my van recently in your neighborhood, etc.), flyer, and card to surrounding houses later. I have had good results with these tactics in these types of neighborhoods!

KS07
    Participant

Mike: I have also used this procedure in upscale areas. First asked permission from the home that I cleaned and would then reward that customer 10% off their invoice for doing so and for answering any questions that are asked from her neighbors. I then leave little 5 X 7 cards with my info and a 10% off if used within 15days from the date listed on cleaning needs over $75. These cards are attached to door handles with a rubber band. It works some of the time within 15 days but mostly (when I do get a response) over 30 days.
    I have handed out 135 of these to date and have recieved 7 responses to date.
    Cost to me was 71.35 for cards and rubber bands (which I still have a ton of) The funds generated was 1235.23. to date. Some of the jobs were rather substancial and others were on the lower end.

Hope this helps

Anonymous
    Inactive

Jeff and Don,
    Thanks for sharing what you’ve done with this strategy. This is encouraging! 😛

Jeff, Glad to see you are up and running in your new location. Good luck!

Anyone else have experience with 5-Arounds?

Thanks,

Mike

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.