Home Forums Heavens Best Forum Pads & Buffers 19 inch pads

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I received a flyer in the mail yesterday (I meant to save it but it may of ended up with most mail…in the garbage) from a company selling cleaning supplies. Direct Mop is the name I believe. On the front page were pictures of bonnet pads that looked exactly like ours. They offered 19 inch pads. The extra 2 inches would be great since the 17 inch ones shrink to about 14 or 15. Do we have 19 inch available to us??

Anonymous
    Inactive

Unless I’m mistaken the BBC is a 19 inch pad.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dan yes we can get a 19 inch pad, but they would need to be special ordered when we place a normal order for pads from our suppliers. The cost is higher and the lag time is greater. Jeff is right that the BBC pad used to be a 19 inch pad, but that changed to a 17 inch BBC pad a few years back. The larger BBC pad had the stiff fiber which kept the pad laying flat. The pads with a softer fiber will curl and allow the pad to rub against the rubber bumper pad of the buffer and that damages the pad and the rubber bumper so we do not recommend using the 19 inch soft fiber pad with a 17 inch buffer.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Cody. I was just wondering. One down side of the 17 inch pads is they shrink to the point that it is hard to get the drive plate bristles to completely cover the pad.

Anonymous

I would agree the 19″ BBC are preferred. Additionally, I still have an issue with the Woven Turf pads being of far less quality in terms of material and performance. The material is loosely woven, they are far less absorbent, do not clean as well (require the use of more pads) and do not last as long as the previous Woven Turf. (Gotta love the Chinese…..NOT) I’ve been told from time to time we can get a bad batch from our supplier. I would imagine we order these in bulk. I have held off ordering more for this reason. Cody, do you think our supplier will ever produce the original higher quality Woven Turf pads or do you believe we are stuck with lesser quality pad while paying the same cost?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Mark,
    When we hear concerns from our operators we do pass this on to our suppliers. Sometimes it does make a difference. Hoover for example has brought the production of the Conquest back to the U.S.A. and we have been getting their new ones which are made in America. We have been pleased with the new quality. We hope that the pad manufacturers will get the same message and make changes as well, but we are not holding our breath.

Mark and J.L. how old are the Hoover Conquests that are having the problems? The U.S. made ones have only been shipping for about 9 months now.

Anonymous

Thanks for the response Cody!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.