Home Forums Heavens Best Forum Advertising Ideas 10% off first time customer

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Has anyone used this for your YP ad? If so what did you think?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I personally have a hard time with new customers getting a better deal than a loyal one. Whether the cable company, cell phone company or carpet cleaning company. Choose me for quality, service and VALUE. Become my client and I’ll treat you like gold. Free offers, discounts, gifts. The new ones will come looking for me. YMMV

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yeah, but isn’t the whole idea of growing your company based on landing new clients? I’d rather grow my business quickly than slowly. This offer would only be for YP ads, and we all know that a lot of YP “shoppers” are tire kickers. My theory is that maybe I’ll get more phone calls and then I can close the deal once I get them on the phone.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I hear you.
    But here is what I think about that.
    As soon as you make price, or an offer, the issue, then when some one else comes along and “lifts their skirt” a little higher, that kind of customer is gone. So I guess the question is, how do we get QUALITY people to call. Really, are you going to call an alarm company or insurance company because they are offering 10% off? Not if quality, reliability and value are what you are looking for. This is what I think. Raise prices and use testimonials from other high end customers. That and a picture in the YP ad is gold Jerry. Gold

Anonymous
    Inactive

Point taken, however, what if the area that the phone book is going out to is middle to upper class families?

Anonymous
    Inactive

How sad is this. saturday night and Ron and Dennis are talking yellow page advertising. i hope you have a “pop” going too

Anonymous
    Inactive

Business is always running through my head….no matter what day or time.

Anonymous
    Inactive

2 peas in a pod.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I noticed Eddie Craven used 25%off if you mentioned the yellow page ad. Eddie does not own a computer. I will try and talk with him to see what kind of response he got. I prefer to give discounts outside the yp. Leave the yp with the business side of things. When people call I inform them of any specials.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@dirtbag wrote:

…are you going to call an alarm company or insurance company because they are offering 10% off?

Heck yeah I will. I am always looking for the best deal and then when I find it, then I will evaluate the company to see if I can do business with them.

@dirtbag wrote:

Not if quality, reliability and value are what you are looking for. This is what I think.

So what you are saying is that you always pay premium on everything you buy? You Canadians!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

So everyone is different, The last thing I am looking for, at the begining of my research is price or a deal. I want high quality/reliability and most of all value. Once I find what I want, think 60″ plasma or home security system to watch over my family while we sleep, then I’ll wheel and/or deal on price. But I will always choose quality over cost.
    Now, I am planning that the customer that I am trying to attract, thinks this way. I have found that this type of shooper spends more money. Protcts always and cleans more often. The “price and/or deal” shopper, trys me out, is impressed but is always on the hunt for a deal. And so when someone new blows into town with a 30% off special, that customer thinks “wow” such a deal, I can’t pass up a deal like that and is gone.
    So I don’t think I pay a premium, I think I look for the best value.[/quote]

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.